4.03.2010

Recipe Overload

It is my favorite topic: food. Who among us does not love it? I just found this recipe in my spice cabinet and had to share it. It comes from my husband's side of the family and I thought I would hate it...but it actually turned out to be delicious (and messy). We have only made it once before, but I think I just might make it again tonight. It is super easy and only has a few ingredients. It is really the ultimate, rainy day comfort meal.

Patty Toasters

3 cups mexican blend cheese
loaf of french bread

Filling:
1 lb hamburger meat
small onion, chopped
small bell pepper, chopped
8 oz can cheese soup
1 package taco seasoning


Sautee beef, onion and bell pepper in a skillet until meat is cooked and the onion is translucent. Add taco seasoning and cheese soup and stir until thoroughly mixed.

Slice loaf in half horizontally. Remove some of the insides of the bread until you have a channel. Put shredded cheese and then the filling inside the channel on the bottom piece of bread. Put the top of the bread on and put into a 325 degree oven until the shredded cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment