10.21.2010

Yamboree...yes, that is what it is actually called





So after much debate, the husband and I will be attending Yamboree in East Texas this weekend. If you haven't guessed, yes, it is a festival celebrating yams. There is a barn dance (I didn't know those existed anymore but apparently they do), a carnival, craft contests, fiddler contests, a Yam Queen, etc. I think it will be awesome.

I haven't been to a Fall festival in years, but I love them and am so excited to go. Unfortunately, in Texas we don't actually really get seasons (it still gets over 90 degrees and it's almost November), so there is no nice Fall weather to go along with the festival. I see pictures of places where leaves change and people wear scarves to pick out pumpkins....that doesn't happen here. I want to live in a place like that one day, a place with seasons. I really love cool, crisp air, but don't get to enjoy it as much as I would like. On the flip side, there is no way I could deal with all of the snow that most of the country has to face. Chains on my tires? No. Shovelling snow? Not likely. Wearing mittens in the car? Okay, maybe I could do that one.

Well, I will take a lot of photos and report back. I hope that this is the first of many tuber-centric festivals in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment